- Itineraries: HO CHI MINH CITY – CAI BE – TRA ON – CAN THO – HO CHI MINH CITY OR VICE VERSA
- Type: Private tour
- Depart Time: Daily
- Tour Length: 2 days 1 nights
- Depart from: Ho Chi Minh city
- End in: Ho Chi Minh city
ITINERARY 01: CAI BE – MANG THIT – TRA ON -CAN THO
DAY 1: Cai Be – Mang Thít – Tra On (Lunch/Dinner)
- 10h30 -11h.00, embark on a local boat for an extensive visit of Cai Be: the floating market, the mazes of waterway, local pop-rice and sweets production.
- Visit of colonial buildings, old houses, delightful flower gardens and local coconut candy and rice paper manufacturers.
- Embark onboard Le Cochinchine and enjoy a welcome drink.
- Lunch is served on board as the barge sails down Co Chien River then process onto Mang Thit River.
- Embark on a pleasant walk or cycle on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchard and local people’s daily activities.
- Leisurely cruise on the Mekong River while taking in the beautiful scenery.
- Enjoy a pre-dinner drink over the sunset.
- Dinner and night on board.
DAY 2: Tra On – Can Tho (Breakfast)
- Breakfast on board
- The morning bobbling commotion of Mekong river life comes to life for another lovely day our boat set sails to Can Tho through tributaries, canals and arroyos.
- Transfer to Cai Rang, most bustling floating market in the whole Mekong Delta.
- The local boat slides on tiny waterways between palm-shaded banks for you to see green orchards, local houses, ship building yards, rural and river activities in full swing. You visit a local noodle factory where people worked very hard.
- 11 h00 Disembark in Can Tho. Get back your car/van. End the trip
ITINERARY 2: CAN THO – CAI BE
DAY 1: Can Tho – Tra On – Cho Lach (Lunch/Dinner)
- 12.00-12h30 boarding Le Cochinchine Boat. Enjoy welcome drink.
- Transfer on a local boat to explore the Cai Rang Floating Market, one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong. We go for a walk through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards.
- Lunch served on board. The river barge continues towards Tra On.
- Leisurely cruise down the Mekong while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
- Visits of the fruit farm and walks or cycle amongst pleasant villages on the footpaths of countryside. Opportunity to meet with local people.
- Boarding back at dusk, enjoy a pre-dinner drink together with a magnificent sunset on Mang Thit River.
- Enjoy the foot massage on board.
- Dinner and night on board off Cho Lach.
DAY 2: Cho Lach -Cai Be (Breakfast)
- Breakfast on board.
- Our boat set sails again and cruises along the Mekong while taking in orchards and gardens torward Cai Be.
- Explore Cai Be floating market on a local boat then visit local coconut and rice sweet factories, colonial houses and fruit gardens. Sample local sweets and fruits during the trip.
- The local boat sails through tiny canals and arroyos before bringing you back to the shore.
- Get off in Cai Be harbour around 11.00 AM. The cruise concludes.